I need to congratulate my self because finally I DID it! I made my own shower jelly for second time and it turns out to be a successful experiment!
This is the appearance:
When I was asked by Nita-my best friend how to make it, I reminded her of a 1999 movie titled Fight Club that showed us how to make soap using people fat that illegally taken from liposuction hospital. I was just kidding.
Actually, I followed the instruction stated here:
Stage 2 of Arabelle’s ongoing plan to beat LUSH at its own game.
But of course I go with my own way in this second experiment because the first time-when I just follow, it turned to be disgusting-shower-liquid. Here’s my second experiment steps:
- boil 2 glass of water
- pour 2 packs of agar-agar swallow globe brand- i use green and red together, stir until completely mixed
- pour 1/2 glass of body wash- i use citra pearl body wash, mix it.
- drop a teaspoon of olive oil for the moisturizer
- pour the mixture into a mold
- put it in refrigerator and wait for 4 hours
- shower jelly ready for bathing
Note: I personally think that steps above produce a rudimentary shower jelly. The body wash feels deficient-I think in the third experiment I will add more body wash.
The sensation of my bathing with this pink shower jelly : as Arabelle stated on her Rookie article, “it feels REALLY COOL to loofah something cold onto your skin in hot water, trust.”